- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Medium Thick n’ Chunky Salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn , drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , use 1-2 tsp if you like more spice
- 2 cups chicken stock , or vegetable broth works too
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- S&P to taste
In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions and red peppers. Add in hamburger and cook until browned. Drain grease.
Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, jasmine rice, taco seasoning and chili powder. Pour in chicken stock and then bring to a light boil. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is all the way cooked.
When rice is done, S&P to taste. Top with your favorite toppings. We like to serve over lettuce in a salad bowl and eat with tortilla chips. You can also use this mix to top over nachos or place in a tortilla to make burritos. We love using the leftovers to make stuffed bell peppers as well.