Heavenly low carb crumb bars filled with sugar-free caramel and chocolate. You’d hardly believe that this grain-free treat isn’t made with oats. Enjoy Recipe!
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 tbsp coconut flour divided
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce cooled 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or other low carb chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×9 inch square pan (can also use 8×8 but baking time will be longer).
- In a food processor, combine coconut and sliced almond. Pulse until the pieces are broken up and about the size of oats in size. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, 2 tbsp coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press a little more than half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared baking pan (it doesn’t look like it will be enough, but it is…just keep pressing it in, as thinly as you need to). Bake 10 minutes, until puffed and edges are just golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut flour to the remaining crust ingredients and mix well to help make it drier and crumblier. Break it up into small crumbs.
- While bottom crust is cooling, make the caramel sauce and let it cool 10 minutes or so. Then pour the caramel sauce over the crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle filling with remaining crust and press lightly to adhere. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes, until top crust is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Serves 16. Each serving has 4.32g NET CARBS.Food energy: 228kcal Total fat: 20.88g Calories from fat: 187 Cholesterol: 33mg Carbohydrate: 7.58g Total dietary fiber: 3.26g Protein: 3.59g Erythritol: 16.9g