This cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole takes just minutes of prep, thanks to your crock pot! It is one of my favorite crock pot recipes for quick family dinners!
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup long grain brown rice rinsed and drained (do NOT substitute white rice or any other type of rice)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt optional, for extra creaminess
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place onion, brown rice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with additional black pepper.