These Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits are super flaky, fluffy and buttery! These babies are perfect for any occasion.
- 2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour, chilled
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold + more for brushing
FOR BRUSHING (OPTIONAL):
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place diced butter in the freezer while you prepare the ingredients.
- In a food processor or in a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pulse or whisk to combine.
- Add the cold butter and pulse several times, until you get coarse crumbs. Alternatively, you can use a fork or pastry cutter to cut butter into the flour mixture until all the flour is coated and crumbly. There should be chunks of butter remaining.
- Full instructions visit @queensleeappetit