These perfect cookies are buttery, chewy, thick and chocked full of rich, semi-sweet chocolate chips. Absolutely divine!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.