This egg roll soup is a warming and comforting dish that has all of the flavors of an egg roll!
- 1 lb ground pork (see above for substitutions)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (sub sesame oil for non-AIP/if tolerated)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 small green cabbage, sliced into strips
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 –1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Optional- Sriracha to taste (omit for AIP)
- Using a large pot, brown the ground pork on medium heat and lightly salt. Set aside when cooked and discard the fat.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pot on medium heat and add the diced onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until lightly translucent.
- Add the carrot and gently saute for a few minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
- Pour in the broth, cabbage, cooked pork, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and grated ginger and mix well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Season further to taste and top the soup with sliced green onion to serve.