This easy Pad Thai recipe tastes just as good (or better!) as anything I’ve had in a restaurant. Plus it’s easy to make and customize with whatever ingredients and spice level you love! Chicken, steak, pork, shrimp, tofu and veggie-only options included below.
PAD THAI INGREDIENTS:
- 1 batch Pad Thai Sauce (see below)
- 10 ounces thin rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- toppings: lots of chopped peanuts, extra crushed red pepper flakes, lime wedges
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more/less to taste)
- Make the sauce. Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until completely combined. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles. Meanwhile, cook your noodles al dente according to package instructions. Drain the noodles in a strainer, then rinse with cold water briefly to halt their cooking. Toss with one tablespoon oil briefly, to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Cook the chicken (or see other options below*). Heat one tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the chicken is lightly golden on the edges and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean plate.