- 1 medium onion diced or 1 cup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary chopped or ½ teaspoon dried
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large fresh basil leaves or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 20 ounces three-cheese tortellini
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- fresh basil, to garnish
- shredded parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Place the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary in a 6-quart soup pot or dutch oven. Sautee over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the three-cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the tortellini are tender and cooked through.
- Full instructions visit @galonamission