- 1-½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1-½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided (optional, coconut aminos, Tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together in a medium sized bowl, half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, and the sweetener.
- * Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- * Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, but not burnt.
- * Add the marinated chicken with any juices in the bowl and cook for 3 minutes.
- * Add the bell pepper strips, remaining soy sauce and vinegar, and black pepper and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until peppers have softened and chicken is cooked through.
- * Spoon chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa