- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 chicken breasts or cutlets (see notes)
- homemade seasoned salt and pepper
- 4oz mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
For the bruschetta topping:
- 2 cups diced tomato (see notes)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- salt and pepper
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan then turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to medium then simmer and reduce until you can see the bottom of the pot for a second or two after scraping a spatula across it (see photo in post), about 20 minutes. Vinegar will continue to thicken as it cools, FYI. Set aside to cool – can be done a day ahead of time.
- Meanwhile, add ingredients for bruschetta topping in a medium-sized bowl then stir to combine and set aside. Can be done a day ahead of time.
- Place an oven rack directly underneath the broiler then preheat to high.
- Full instructions visit @iowagirleats