This Mongolian Beef Stir Fry is a flavorful and filling dish.
- 4–5 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1.5 lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (substitute water)
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1” strips
- Cauliflower rice to serve (optional)
- Using a large deep skillet, heat 1-2 tbsp of avocado on medium heat. Add the broccoli and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until fork tender. Remove the broccoli from the pan, set aside, and clean out the pan.
- Prepare the flank steak by adding salt and pepper to both sides, and using a sharp knife to slice against the grain into about 1″ bite-sized slices.
- Add the arrowroot starch to a bowl and add the steak slices, coating thoroughly.
- Using the same pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of avocado oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add half of the steak slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, and repeat until all of the steak is cooked. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut aminos and chicken broth, and add the steak back in and cook for another 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add the sliced green onion and broccoli back to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Serve warm with optional cauliflower rice
- serving size: 1 SERVING
- calories: 407
- fat: 22.8G
- carbohydrates: 10.2G
- fiber: 1.4G
- protein: 39.5G