- 4 cups cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
- 4 cups kale (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1/2 lb cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 quarts chicken broth (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 large onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Cook the sausage on a skillet until brown, and then set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté the diced onion until clear, and then add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower, bacon and sausage to the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes (or until the cauliflower is soft).
- Add the heavy cream and kale, and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Feel free to add any optional seasoning at this point (salt, pepper, etc).
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.