For the filling
- 16oz Cream Cheese (or Neufchâtel cheese)
- 10 oz Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 12 oz Bacon, fried to your liking and set aside
- 6-8 large Fresh Jalapeno Peppers – blanched, seeded and chopped.
- OR – 1/2 cup Canned Jalapeno Poppers, chopped and seeded.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Optional: 100g Onions, caramelized (optional – I like it with onions!)
- Oil for Frying
- 1– 2 cups of Crushed Pork Rinds (you can make your own with a food processor – I use a 4oz bag of pork rinds and it’s usually enough)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Blanching Fresh Jalapeno Peppers:
- Bring a large pot of water to a Boil and have a large bowl of ice water ready on the side. Let the jalapeños boil for 5-10 minutes (or until tender) and then quickly add them to the ice bath. This stops them from cooking. You can skip this step and use canned jalapenos instead.
- Caramelizing Onions (optional)
- Add 1 tbsp of oil (or bacon fat) to pan on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they’re golden brown. Add to cream cheese mixture.