- 1 cup erythritol, for caramel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup erythritol, for custard
- In a deep pan, heat up the erythritol for the caramel. Stir it frequently.
- Add in the water and butter.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce has become a golden brown.
- Pour into the bottom of each ramekin, covering the bottom nicely. Set aside and let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream, remaining erythritol, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your whole eggs. Then add in the yolks, whisking once more.
- Slowly stir your eggs into the cream mix.
- Pour the custard into each ramekin, on top of the caramel.
- Place the ramekins into a casserole dish and fill over half way with hot water.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven but leave the ramekins in the hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, take out the ramekins and let them sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight, in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, take a knife and slowly run it on the inside of the custard to release it from the ramekin.
- Turn the ramekin upside down and slowly jiggle the custard onto the plate. Enjoy!