- 2 Eggs Room Temp
- 2 oz (56 g) Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Stevia Powder
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Stevia Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup (240 cc) Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sweetener (Confectioner’s)
- (Watch the video up in the post if necessary.) Whisk the egg yolks and stevia in a bowl until a pale yellow. Add the xanthan gum and whisk well.
- Bring the heavy cream to almost a simmer in a saucepan. Add to the egg yolk mixture. QUICKLY whisk to combine, and then transfer the mixture to the saucepan.
- Keep stirring the mixture with a spatula or whisk over low – medium heat. Don’t stop! When it starts to thicken, stir 20 – 30 more seconds.
- Turn off the heat and stir 20 – 30 more seconds. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Strain the custard cream through a fine mesh sieve to make it smooth. Place a piece of cling wrap over the custard. Stick the wrap to the custard by pressing lightly to prevent a film from forming on top of the custard.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until cold.
Chaffles (Makes 4 chaffles)
- While chilling the custard, preheat your mini waffle maker.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients well.
- When the waffle maker is ready, pour 1/4 of the batter.
- Close the lid and cook 5 – 6 minutes. (Push down the lid of your waffle iron for several seconds while cooking.) Then remove with tongs.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let them cool completely.
- Remove the custard from the fridge. Remove the wrap carefully and transfer to a bowl. Cream the custard with a whisk. If too thick, add a little bit of heavy cream. Place in a piping bag.
- Cut a pocket into each chaffle by inserting a small sharp kitchen knife 1/4 of the circle rim slowly and carefully. Watch carefully as you go not to make big holes. (Tiny holes are probably inevitable. I had a few on each chaffle of mine as you can see in the photos and video.)
- Pipe the custard into each pocket.
- Dust with sweetener.
- Serve immediately or chill for a couple hours. (Refrigeration makes them tastier in my opinion.)
Keep refrigerated. Eat within 2 – 3 days.
Calories 390 kcal, Protein 9.1 g , Fat 37.7 g, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Sugar 2.4 g