These Keto Shortbread cookies are layered with caramel and hazelnuts for the ultimate low-carb treat. Enjoy!
- To Make The Shortbread
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil or Coconut OIl
- 3/4 cup Powdered Lakanto Sweetener*
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- For The Caramel:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener*
- 1/8 cup IMO Syrup
- 2 T Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Liquid Stevia
- 1 cup chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup, such as Nekstella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter, oil, and Powdered Sweetener. Add in salt and coconut flour until combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape the dough out onto parchment paper. Place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough, and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out between the two sheets until it is about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until it just starts to brown on the edges. Set aside to cool.
- Head the butter over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it just starts to brown.
- Add in the heavy cream, Lakanto Golden Sweetener, IMO Syrup, and salt. Stir to combine and bring up to a boil.
- Simmer the caramel over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it’s not burning.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and stevia glycerite until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spread the caramel over the cooled shortbread. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts, then drizzle with the Nekstella.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Make 25 square bars when cut into squares.