- For the Cracker Base:
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 T Grass-Fed Salted Butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Caramel Extract
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- First, make the Crackers:
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Whisk together almond Flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Beat the egg and stir in along with melted butter.
- Turn the dough out onto a large piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat, pat into a rough square, then place another piece of parchment paper on top. Roll out until it forms a square ⅛” thick. Remove the top parchment paper.
- Place the parchment on a large baking pan and bake for 35 minutes until they start to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To Assemble the Bars:
- Increase oven temp to 375.
- Make the caramel sauce:
- Melt the ½ cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add in Swerve and whisk until well combined. Boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to darken in color. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream, caramel extract, and vanilla.
- The sauce will bubble furiously, but mix it and it will settle down.
- Take the cooked cracker base off the parchment paper and move it into a square pan. You may have to break some of the edges.
- Top the cooled cracker base with ½ of the caramel sauce.
- Then, layer on the Chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut.. Drizzle the other half of the caramel sauce on top.
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.
- I like to cut these into square while they’re still warm, but you can also wait until they’re cooled to cut them.