Quick, easy and delicious one skillet dinner! This recipe for Italian Sausage Peppers and Onions is so versatile. You can have it over mashed potatoes, pasta, polenta, cauliflower rice, or as an Italian sub sandwich.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Marsala wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on both sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Keeping the pan over medium heat, Add the Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the Marsala wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and stir, add chili flakes, if using.
- Full instructions visit @sparklesofyum