A classic family recipe that is made for every occasion. Hanky Panky’s anyone? Flavorful pumpernickel bread topped with sausage and cheese, baked to a crisp!
- 36 slices dark pumpernickel party bread, one 12 ounce package, substitute rye if desired
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 pound velveeta cheese
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage until browned and crumbled. Drain off excess fat.
- Add velveeta and stir over low heat until melted and fully blended.
- If serving immediately, preheat oven to 425°F. Lay bread slices onto baking sheet. Spoon dollop of meat mixture onto bread and bake for about 15 minutes (oven times may vary).