Creamy garlic and parmesan cheese flavored macaroni and cheese.
- 8 oz cellentani or pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp low fat milk
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- finely chopped parsley optional
- ground black pepper optional
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add milk and garlic cloves. Simmer for a few minutes until garlic softens and flavor infuses into the milk. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter. Bring saucepan to low heat until butter is melted. Add in flour and whisk until smooth roux forms. Remove and discard garlic cloves from milk and then add milk into roux. Also add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and mustard. Bring saucepan to medium heat. Whisk and stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce is thick and smooth.
- Full instructions visit @kirbiecravings