A simple and delicious crockpot low carb taco soup recipe that makes for the perfect easy meal all year round. Enjoy
- 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened (and cut into cubes if desired)
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 10oz cans of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 32 oz beef broth
- 3 T taco seasoning (no sugar or homemade recipe)
- 2 T dried onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Optional garnishes – shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- Cook the ground beef or turkey on medium heat on the stovetop until cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Drain the grease.
- Add the ground beef to the crockpot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine, you won’t be able to mix in the cream cheese since it’ll take the heat of the slow cooked soup to break it down into the soup as it cooks
- Cook on low heat in the slow cooker for 4+ hours or cook on high for 2 hours.
- Give the soup a stir before serving and add garnishes as desired
- Optional garnish ideas- shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, olives, diced jalepenos, tortilla chips, cilantro, chives