This Dorito chicken casserole is a simple and flavorful meal with a crunchy cheese and Dorito chip topping and crust. This is a casserole the whole family will love!
This tasty chicken casserole was shared on our forum by Miz Suzi. The filling for the casserole is made with cooked diced chicken, sour cream, and condensed soup. A combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses are added before it’s baked.
When it comes to Doritos—or similar corn chips—there are many flavors to choose from, including ranch flavored and spicy nacho cheese. Choose your family’s favorite flavor, and feel free to use a cheese blend instead of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. See more add-in suggestions in the tips and variations below the recipe.
Recipe Notes For Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Most of the spice comes from the 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes. Use hot Rotel tomatoes if you want it really spicy, regular for a little kick, and mild Rotel if you don’t want it spicy.
- Use rotisserie chicken to make this meal a breeze to make.
- Ranch Doritos can be used instead of Nacho.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 11 ounces Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or my homemade creamed soup substitute)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces grated cheddar
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes and chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, soup, sour cream, half of the cheddar, Ro*Tel, cumin, and chili powder.
- Crush the Doritos and add half of the to the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Top with the chicken mixture. Add the other half of the crushed
- Doritos over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pico de gallo.
- Serve hot.