Creamy Tuscan chicken with fresh garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes is a meal worthy of entertaining or special occasions, yet can be on your table in 30 minutes.
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly-sliced (about 1-1.5 pounds) (see note 1)
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced (see note 2)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped (see note 3)
- pasta for serving
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Place flour in a small bowl or plate. Lightly sprinkle each side of the chicken breasts with kosher salt and black pepper, then dredge each side lightly through the flour. Shake off any excess, then place chicken breasts in the warm pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, just until browned and no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- If the skillet is dry, add a tiny bit more olive oil, followed by the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, just until fragrant. Add chicken broth, and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add cream, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce visibly thickens.
- Full instructions visit @nourish-and-fete