This creamy mushroom chicken recipe has the most deliciously tender pan-fried chicken smothered in a garlicky mushroom sauce. It’s quick and easy – it can be on your table in half an hour.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms (I used baby bellas) sliced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make four thinner cutlets. Coat them in flour.
- Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan’s hot, add the chicken. Cook it for 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Once this step is done, take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Full instructions visit @saltandlavender