- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk be sure to use full fat canned coconut milk (otherwise, it won’t be thick and creamy). I use Thai Kitchen brand.
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian spice blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8″ square casserole baking dish with avocado oil.
In a skillet, sauté the chopped onions and minced garlic in water or oil until soft
- Layer in the cauliflower rice, sautéed onions and garlic, mushrooms, and fresh basil into the casserole dish and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan. Blend using a hand immersion blender or whisk. Once the mixture is smooth, bring to a simmer and continue to whisk (or if you are using a hand blender- just blend it on occasion). Simmer and whisk for a few minutes until the sauce thickens, then take off the heat and pour over the casserole.
- Bake casserole on 350F for about 55 minutes until the edges are golden.