Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Copycat Recipe will make you take a second thought, can it really be that good? A sweetened roll with a thick cinnamon-sugar filling and a cream cheese frosting that you are likely to remember long after the cinnamon roll is gone!
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup water warm (110-120°F)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 ½-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour water and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook (see cooks note if you do not have a stand mixer), sprinkle yeast over top and stir. Allow yeast to bloom for 5-10 minutes. Once it is nice and foamy, it is ready. *It should look like the ‘head’ of a beer poured too quickly and smell yeasty.
- In the meantime: melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Once yeast mixture is aromatic and looks like the head of a beer, add buttermilk, eggs and butter to bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low and add 4 cups of flour, one cup at a time. Add salt. Once flour is mixed in, add remaining flour slowly until dough becomes a ball. Mine takes 5 ½ cups total. Knead dough on medium-high for 5 minutes. Add more flour a tablespoon at a time as needed, if bread is too sticky to come together. Dough should be tacky when you pull it out of the mixer, not sticky.
- Full instructions visit @theslowroasteditalian