Moist, rich chocolate fudge cake recipe. Check out the tips, step-by-step photos, and frosting suggestions above the recipe.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt*
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.** Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and sugars together until combined. It will look like wet sand.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Full instructions visit @ihearteating