Chicken Tortilla Soup Crock Pot is full of flavor, easy to prepare and makes the house smell amazing. A perfect fall recipe & one that feeds a crowd.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Base
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans chicken broth 14.5-ounce cans
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 14 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1-2 cups heavy cream to make it creamy if desired
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Add butter to saute pan over medium heat. Add in peppers, onion and garlic and cook vegetables are slightly tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Place chicken breast on top of the vegetables, add remaining base ingredients and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Full instructions visit @dashofsanity