Rich, creamy and delicious, you will never guess this came out of your freezer!
- 16 ounces penne rigata pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta per package directions, to the al dente stage. (Pasta will cook further in the oven, so do not overcook.)
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large saucepan or dutch oven on stove top over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour and whisk. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cream, garlic salt, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese.
- Full instructions visit @makeaheadmealmom