These Carrot Cake Cookies have all the flavors of your favorite carrot cake rolled into cookies. Soft, chewy, and sandwiched with a wonderful cream cheese frosting!
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until well-combined and smooth. Mix in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioner’s sugar until totally incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, both sugars, and egg yolk. Add in the flour and salt; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Full instructions visit @bellyfull