These are my most requested cookie. I usually make at least 500 of these at Christmas. Its a very simple recipe but packed with lots a flavor!
I included these in the cookie tins I give to my neighbors for Christmas. Two people told me how great they are, and one requested that I make another batch of just these for her. I happen to think they’re pretty good too!
These are such good cookies, If rum extract is not your flavor of choice, you can always change it up to your liking. I guarantee everyone will eat up these cookies!
These cookies are a little softer and chewier than the mass-produced version you can find at the supermarket, Arnott’s Butternut Snap Cookies. But the lovely BUTTER and coco NUT flavors that give Butternut Snap Cookies their name are unmistakable in this homemade version and make them irresistible. You’ve been warned!
This Butternut Cookies recipe delivers a wholesome cookie that will remind you of years gone by. Bake up a batch and enjoy one over a cuppa and a good book. Bliss.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
3/4 cbutter, room temperature + 1 Tbsp.
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 3/4 call purpose flour
6 ozpackage butterscotch chips
1 cfinely chopped pecans
3 cpowdered sugar
1 tsprum extract
1/2 cchopped pecans
3 to 4 Tbspmilk or water
1. Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt til light and fluffy.
2. Blend in flour, mix well.
3. Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
4. Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls.
5. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in 325′ oven for 15 minutes or until firm but not brown.
7. Let cool on wire racks.
8. Make rum glaze. Mix the ingredients until smooth.
9. You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.