Fresh tomatoes and garden-grown basil come together to create the most delicious and EASY Bruschetta recipe. Use bagel chips or toasted bread to dip, or add this mixture to pasta with cheese!
- 10 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 head of garlic (about 9 cloves), chopped (not pressed)
- 3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Melba Toast (or bagel chips)
- Mix tomatoes, basil, garlic and cheese until each bite has a sufficient amount of each. Add more if necessary. Toss in some salt and pepper,red wine vinegar and stir. Add olive oil. Should be nice and shiny. Let sit in refrigerator to allow flavors to mingle. Enjoy!
- To make bruschetta bread, hollow out a loaf of french bread. Spoon in the bruschetta and top with an extra 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Cut and enjoy.