Breakfast Rolls filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage & cheese then rolled in homemade dough and baked to perfection. These rolls are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2- 3 cups flour
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 12-15 cooked sliced of thin bacon chopped
- 6 cooked breakfast sausages chopped
- 4 large eggs scrambled
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and let sit for about 3-4 minutes, until yeast is bubbling up. Add in oil, salt and flour. Start with 2 1/2 cups of flour, then add more until the dough cleans the sides of the mixing bowl. (I use a mixer for this part as it makes it just so much easier!) Continue mixing for an additional 3-4 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 15 minutes. In cold weather, I like to turn my oven on for about 3 or 4 minutes, then turn it off and let my dough rest in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray counter top with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4? thick. Brush dough with melted butter, then spread with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top (reserving about 1/2 cup for later), then spread bacon and sausage.
- Full instructions visit @butterwithasideofbr