This mac and cheese made from scratch comfort food just perfect for any weeknight dinner when you’re craving the classic!
- 16 ounces medium shells pasta
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces freshly shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces freshly shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces freshly shredded colby jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a deep and large 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil for your pasta. Season water with salt then cook pasta halfway through and drain. Do not cook it all the way through as it will finish cooking in the oven.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter and then add in the panko breadcrumbs, stirring frequently to get a nice, toasty brown color. Pour in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Full instructions visit @tablefortwoblog