Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs are a great snack idea for your next get-together. They are easy to make in the Air Fryer just by following these step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
- Combine water, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Sprinkle yeast on top and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Add flour and butter. Mix on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of bowl, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place dough in well-greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a clean dry towel and sit in warm place for 50-60 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In large stock pot or roasting pan, combine 10 cups of water and the baking soda and bring to a boil.
- Place pretzel dough onto an oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into an 18-inch rope. Wrap pretzel dough around hotdog, making sure to press the ends together.
- One-by-one, place each pretzel dog into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from water and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle with pretzel salt. Place 3-4 pretzels directly into Air Fryer basket and cook 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn pretzel dogs over and cook another 3-4 minutes until dark golden brown.