For the Chicken:
- 4 cups of deli-style cooked shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 4oz. can chopped green chilies
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 16 oz can of red enchilada sauce.
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- (6 in) flour tortillas
Toppings for Chimichangas (optional)
- Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cilantro or Scallions
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add onions and green chilies to pan and saute for 2 minutes. When the onions are soft add flour, salt, cumin, garlic powder, enchilada sauce, and continue stirring. When the sauce has thickened add in precooked shredded chicken. If the sauce looks too thick add in some chicken stock to thin it out. (2 tablespoons to start)
- Take off heat and begin preparing the chimichangas for cooking them in the air fryer.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
- Spray the outside of each filled tortilla with cooking spray; place 4 in the basket of air fryer, seam side down. Set to 400°F; cook 4 minutes. Turn; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Repeat with remaining 4 filled tortillas.
Saturated Fat: 1